7/16/13

#Blog4Biz Day 16: No Regrets!

The Living BRAVE blog re-launches on Aug 1, 2013. During July, however, I accepted the #Blog4Biz daily business blogging challenge. The challenge is designed to help business owners focus on certain aspects of blogging that will expand their skill, boost creativity, and focus their message. Initially, I wasn't going to publicly share my posts, but as I started writing these posts, I saw the value in sharing...and some of this stuff is really good!  If you want to join the challenge, click here.

Today's challenge asks us to reflect on our regrets. What do you regret as it relates to your business? Not starting sooner? Not believing in yourself? Not talking to that prospect?

The noun regret means "a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction . Or a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act or loss."

I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is my answer to this question is short and sweet. The bad news is I have 625 word count minimum to meet so I have to stretch my answer, but honestly if you have been reading my posts you know I have no issue with that.

The simplest and most honest answer I can give you is this. I have no regrets at all. In the purest form of the word regret implies a deep wish to have or not have done something. I don't live my life that way.

Just about every post in this blogging challenge has exposed some part of me I'd rather keep hidden. I mentioned on Day 3, I  never really thought of myself as an entrepreneur and why. On Day 11, I talked about my deepest fear. On Day 13 I video taped a new elevator speech that I didn't like.  On Day 14, I laid out a plan to connect with three people. I then wondered if they read the post and now know I am coming for them :). On Day 15, I touched on controversial topics and wondered if anyone would start an argument with me for my view.

Though I felt exposed and wondered what consequences might come. I don't regret writing it because I have grown so much.

There are some really talented people doing this challenge me. Socamom.com has a recently published a new children's book. Ambitious Diva and Epiphany consulting services have businesses that are doing amazing things. I have never met anyone as passionate as Sister Source. I hope to lose weight and eat great with Nutrition With Soul. There are others participating in this challenge who have given me inspiration and encouragement behind the scenes.

I could look at each of them and wish I was doing or having the type of success they are. I could say I wished I realized my entrepreneurial spirit sooner. I could say I wish had more confidence sooner. I could say I wish Shai at Fleur Mnagement would have lead this blog challenge sooner. I could in theory come up with a long list of things I wish were different. There was a time in my life I would have been envious. I would have wished I could be like them. But now I freely celebrate and support the accomplishments of others.  

In my heart of hearts I can't say that I feel "a sense of loss, disappointment or dissatisfaction  Or a feeling of sorrow or remorse" over anything.

I believe in the timing and purposes of God. And that each phase of life has its lessons. Spending unhealthy time longing for what was or what could be or what should have been is a waste of energy. I like to look back to see what lessons I have learned. 

I wasn't suppose to learn the lessons I have learned, at any other time except for when I learned them. Yes, I have to live with the consequences of past decisions, actions, and choices. Some of those consequences are harsher than others. But the pain of those consequences serves as reminder of how I can grow in the future.

I am gathering much momentum in relaunching my blog and starting my business in another state. I am looking forward. Ultimately, the choices I am making today will shape the lessons I learn tomorrow. I am ok with that. I am determined not to live in regret. 

What do you think? Are regrets helpful or hurtful to your future?



Word Count 657

No comments:

Post a Comment